Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Change of Command

Greetings Everyone,

Welcome to my new weblog. This is a way for me to stay in touch with news and pictures without the time and expense of creating another website. I probably will get another website online here in a couple of months but for now this is much quicker and easier. It also has the advantage of being cumulative, so you won't miss things when I update. It wont replace e-mail but it will supplement it. This is my first crack at it so bear with me.....

I officially changed command today. It was a short and sweet ceremony. I kept my speech short. Nobody cried. I figure I had a year to tell them what I had to tell them. Actually I had a formation the day prior to tell them goodbye. I am not going far, just on the other side of the post to work in the COSCOM Corps Distributuion Command (CDC). This is the main logistical hub for the 18th Airborne Corps. The CDC manages distribution of supplies for the entire theater here. It has an Aviation Branch that handles helicopter repair parts. There are 2 officers, a major and a captain, and about 12 enlisted and NCOs. It looks like I will be in charge of that cell. More to follow on that. Anyway, it is the only other place for an aviation officer to go in 1st COSCOM other than where I am now. I tried to stay in this battalion, but there is just no job for me there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home